Rural for Auction
The Grandeur of Country Living.. And Only 35 Minutes to Brisbane CBD!
Property ID 1727170"Vera" is something truly special. Why?
* Stunning traditionally built homestead from another time'
* Additional Circa 1920 restored cottage
* Huge well located 100 year old fig tree
* 40 virtually all useable acres in a pretty and peaceful location
* And all this just 35 minutes to the centre of Brisbane.
This 40 acre farm is situated in the pretty and tranquil Samford Valley, almost at the foot of Mount Samson itself. The picturesque setting is synonymous with quiet country living, whilst still being incredibly close to all the amenities that a large city like Brisbane offers.
Built in 1998, 'Historic' Vera was designed by the current owners to their own very clear brief. Their design was inspired by the historical colonial home Vera in New Farm, a leafy inner-city suburb of Brisbane. The owners have very successfully reinstated the memory and grandeur of the original Vera and a bygone era.
The true grandeur, uniqueness and attention to detail needs to be seen, as words simply do not do the property justice. Some of the more notable features of the 516m2, 5 bedroom plus study, 2 bathroom homestead are:
* Near new (2 months old) entertainers kitchen with stone benchtops and European appliances
* Wide (3.5 metres) decks surrounding almost all of the home
* 3.9 metre high ceilings throughout. Even higher vaulted ceilings in the Great Room' (which is large enough to seat 50 people)
* Stunning red ironbark timber floors in the Great Room' obtained from the demolition of the Bundaberg Brewery
* Unique traditional pressed metal vaulted ceilings
* 16m long pool, perfect for lap swimming
The Circa 1920 cottage is separated from the main house by a magnificent 100 + year old Moreton Bay Fig tree. The 3 bedroom cottage was fully restored and made compliant in 2002 and is ideal for independent living, dual family living, manager's quarters or income.
The ex dairy farm of predominantly kikuyu, rhodes and natural pastures is mostly cleared and divided into seven paddocks. Water has never been an issue, with stock water pumped from the 1km of double frontage to Mount Samson Creek and a 45,000 litre rainwater tank supplying water for domestic use.
Other features include:
* 5.5kw solar panels back to the grid
* Separate solar hot water system
* Horse shelter and grassed dressage arena
* Cattle yards with loading ramp and head bail
'Historic' Vera is idyllic country living at its best and an unrivaled lifestyle opportunity.
However, the owners are crystal clear on this - while they have loved their time at Vera, they want it to be made known they are selling in September.
Contact Barry or Andrew for a detailed Information Memorandum
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.